Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Yea! =) I am terribly excited, as this is my first post on this blog! =)
First, before I do anything, I want to thank Melody and Esther for letting me be an author of this blog. I'm really excited! =D

Now, for the chocolate chunk brownies: this is one of my family's favorite recipes. It is quick, easy, and the result is delicious chocolate brownies... yum!
Here is the step-by-step way to make these amazing brownies!
Disclaimer: I'll be including ten billion pictures. =P Just so you know... I love taking pictures, so I was snapping right and left when I made these. =)

Ingredients:
4 oz of unsweetened chocolate
1 stick of butter (this does not have to be softened, as you will be melting it)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3 eggs
3/4 cups of flour
1 cup of bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks (I always use chocolate chips)

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 7 by 11 or 8 inch square pan.

2. In a small saucepan, combine the unsweetened chocolate and butter.

To make it easier and faster to melt, cut the butter into chunks, and cut the chocolate ounces in two pieces.
Put on low heat, and stir often. Continue until everything is melted. Make sure there are no tiny chunks of chocolate left, as these can hide themselves easily. ;-)

Once you finish, it should look about like this (doesn't it look amazing? I wanted to eat it =P)


3. Allow the butter/chocolate mixture to cool for a minute or two (this is not necessary, but it is a good idea). Next, add the sugar, vanilla, and salt. I used 1 cup sucanat, and 1/2 cup organic sugar.

Once you're finished stirring, your mixture should look about like this. Mine might look a little bit more "grainy" than yours would look, because organic sugar and sucanat is a little bit more grainy than white sugar.

4. Add your first egg. Stir well. Do not add all three at once, add each egg one at a time, and stir well before adding the next one.

After adding all your eggs, your mixture should look about like this. It shouldn't be soupy, but it should be fairly easy to stir.

5. Next, add your flour to the mixture. I used freshly ground wheat flour, and a tiny bit of King Arthur all-purpose flour. My mom didn't grind quite enough flour. =P (by the way, I know it doesn't look like 3/4 of a cup of flour in the picture, but that is because I had already started stirring a little bit)

After stirring, your mixture should look about like this.

6. Next, comes everyone's favorite part. The chocolate chips. =D I added almost a cup of chocolate chips. It just depends on how many you want. If you want just a few, add about 1/2.

7. Next, pour the batter into the greased pan.

If you need to, lightly, but firmly, hit the side of the pan.

And if you want to make your brownies look pretty, add some chopped nuts on the top. =)

8. Put your brownies in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. If you have a really fast baking oven, like we do, then put it in for 30 minutes. But if your oven is fairly normal, use the regular time, unless you want unbaked brownies. =)
Once they're done, take them out, and let them cool for a little bit.

9. This recipe makes about 16 brownies, depending on how you cut them. It should serve 4 people for about 2 days, if you're like my family. =P
Get some plates, put your nice, moist, delicious brownies on some plates, put some vanilla ice cream on top, pour some milk in some glasses, and give your family a huge treat!
(my dad loves brownies... and he said these things were amazing. He is a brownie expert, so you can trust him =)
Now go and eat those brownies!


So, there you have it!! A quick, easy way to make those mouth-watering brownies.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!! I love making and eating them, and I bet you will too!

Thanks for reading!

~Chef Madison

3 comments:

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

looks scrumptious!

CoconutGirl said...

Yum! Looks good. I'll have to try this sometime. :)

Christy said...

This looks reeeally good :)